- There are 27 District Sports Offices functioning under Directorate of Sports & Youth Welfare, Assam.
- There is a total strength of 435 PIs where 350 posts are filled up and 85 posts are lying vacant.
Roles and Responsibilities of Physical Instructors
- Teaches Physical Education to the students in different high and higher secondary schools of the state.
- To conduct various tournaments and competitions and also to act as a technical official in different tournaments.
- Imparts basic movement education.