5th International Day of Yoga
21st June, 2019
This year's World Yoga Day theme is
“YOGA FOR HEART”
The main event to be held in Ranchi
Shripad Naik, Union Minister of State in the Ministry of AYUSH, said the main international yoga day event in Ranchi is expected to draw about 50,000 Yoga enthusiasts.
Central Function of the State of ASSAM will be held at Sarusajai Sports Complex, Sarusajai, Guwahati.
To mark to the IDY following steps are taken :
- All District Sports Offices in collaboration with concerned Deputy Commissioners observed International Day in their respective District as per Common Yoga Protocol published by Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India.
- As desired by Hon’ble Governor of Assam at Raj Bhawan, Yogaacharjya Subhasish along with a Team of Yoga Experts and have started training w.e.f. 14 – 20th June, 2019, followed by celebration of IDY under the supervision of Directorate of Sports & Youth Welfare, Assam.
- Training / regular practices of Common Yoga Protocol in all 33 District Yoga Centres of Assam w.e.f. 1st June, 2019.
- One Week special training for all is going on at District Yoga Centre, Kamrup Metro, Bhogeswari Phukanani Indoor Stadium, Rudra Singha Sports Complex, Dispur, Guwahati at 5.00 P.M. to 6.00 P.M.
- In collaboration with Indian Yoga Culture and Yoga Therapy Centre, Directorate of Sports & Youth Welfare, Assam will observe following programme :
- Common Yoga Protocol Training to Yoga Experts, w.e.f. 15 – 17th June, 2019.
- Free Yoga Camp in 31 Wards of Guwahati City, w.e.f. 18 – 20th June, 2019.
- Yoga Art Competition for School Level Students on 16th June, 2019.
- Yoga Quiz Competition for School Level Students on 16th June, 2019.
- Yoga Competition for Women (Sirsasan and Surjya Namaskar) on 16th June, 2019.